HackTheBox Weekly Challenge - Querier

Hi 0x00ers!

On this week of grinding away to further improve our skills and flex our hacking muscles, we will all be working on this box.

Hopefully, as the weeks go on, we will all progress and learn new things as a group and in several years of working and training, we’ll be tackling the very hard boxes with ease.

Querier

Box Info

I haven’t yet done this box, it is a windows box so that will be great as I know some of us are weak in privesc for windows. I will definitely be writing my experience of this box when I’ve rooted it! If you really need a hint, feel free to drop a comment and somebody here will help you out!

Difficulty: Medium
Release Date: 16th Feb 2019

download%20(1)

Thread Rules:

• No Spoilers
  • No Spoilers

• If you need to ask a question, please use [spoiler][/spoiler] tags if you think it’ll reveal information
  • Hints are allowed if they are vague, and oddly cryptic. Paint an Escher painting with your words
  • Feel free to post that you pwned a box, but no write-ups. near-fatal for help without effort on your part will be met with near fatal doses of sarcasm
3 Likes

Rooted Friendzone just now, now onto this. Querier here I come.

2 Likes

Still at initial foothold… unable to enumerate anything useful… completely lost here.
EDIT: grabbed a psw from an interesting file… working on it.
EDIT2: Got user

Man just rooted this box.

It’s a really amazing & realistic box. Learnt so much from this one. And I’m 1 step closer to Pro Hacker rank on HTB :smiley:

How does everybody feel about Lightweight for next weeks box?

1 Like

It’s a good machine too lightweight… Anyway I’m struggling with windows syntax for the root
EDIT: Rooted

1 Like

It has been a long while since I could work on a HTB machine and spend some time on the forum due to my college applications. I’m pretty rusty right now but will try working on this machine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.