Hiding folders and using password to open them c#

hi all dedady back but not with an encryption puzzle or tut but with trick on how to hide your files and open them with a password if the file is text based just print the text to the screen but if its a pic do as i do

this is for windows

first hide the folder but just that 1 folder if you forget the name you can use ( dir /AH ) in cmd above the folder
to find it agen if you encrypt the rest this will be safe from most hackers ( the shit ones at least )

then make a c# file and write

using System;
using System.Diagnostics;
using System.IO;

namespace ConsoleApplication1
{
    class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            Console.Write("password:");
            string pass = Console.ReadLine().ToString();
            if (pass == "(password)") {  Process.Start(@"C:/(dir to hiden folder)"); }
        }
    }
}

there now you have a hiden folder protected with a password but it whould be better to just keep the files in the exe file or encrypt the exe file as well

hope this helped you some how

you will now know how to open a dir in explorer in c#
:slight_smile:
untill next time
–dedady157

2 Likes

I would strongly advise against the use of gotos in code.

1 Like

same but its more on the fact on how to open a dir in explorer and beginner friendly

1 Like

Don’t use a bad practice because it seems “beginner friendly.” You want to avoid teaching bad practices at all times, even when it seems like a nice corner cut.

1 Like

Great article mate! Although as @oaktree said I wouldn’t limit it because it looks easy. I remember a particular post by @unh0lys0da saying that we shouldn’t limit ourselves because something looks hard. Although regardless I really love the article! Can’t wait for anything else!

I like techniques like that to hide files without big effort, but I highly recommend to save the “Decryption” program on your USB-Stick or to hide it in a pretty good way, because otherwise it is no problem to get the password, e.g. using Strings Linux command or have a look at my C# Reverse Engineering Tutorial. If you just want to hide it from your parents/friends this method isn’t bad, but even a Skiddy wouldn’t have a problem to find the pass :wink:.

Anyway, good tutorial and as always I love to see more C# programmers here :grin:.

Couldn’t anyone in the Windows Explorer just go to Advanced settings -> Show hidden files, folders, and drives? If I really have to keep my data save, I would rather create a hidden TrueCrypt Container

yep but its for hiding from dummy’s
and y wold some one do that on some one else es pc

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.