How to build a Successful Information Security Career

Hi 0x00ers,

While surfing the web, I stumbled upon a blog post which I found to be very helpful for beginners.
Be sure to check out this guide if you want to start a successful cybersec career! :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
SmartOne

19 Likes

Hey, thanks for the link! That’s what I was looking for o/

1 Like

Great share man! Keep 'em coming!

1 Like

You can listen to stories of how people got into Infosec… it’s meant to educate and inspire those looking to get into the field:

3 Likes

Hi thanks for your writeup it was super helpful. I have a question about setting up a home lab. Currently I am using my desktop PC (around 8gb of RAM) as a daily driver and also use it for practicing pen testing with some VMs on virtaulbox. Though this gets pretty stressed with just 2 VMs running.

I’d love to setup the kind of lab you are suggesting and am wondering if i can achieve this with some relatively cheap hardware as i’m on a pretty tight budget while im studying. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

thankyou , really a piece everyone new must go through, never thought about creating a lab for fun, will make one now…

the article is really brief and practical, much appreciated!!

One thing to add to this which isn’t often covered by articles or “how-to” stuff is “Know your gaps”. By this I mean it’s super important to understand that you don’t know everything. There will be gaps in your knowledge and you should be confident in identifying these. This will help you grow as a tester and consultant.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.