Is Portspoof legit?

Pulling directly from the site:

The Portspoof program primary goal is to enhance your systems security through a set of new camouflage techniques. As a result of applying them your attackers’ port scan result will become entirely mangled and to very significant extent meaningless.

From what I can gather it makes it “harder” to determine which ports are actively open on a server.

So my question is that really effective in the real world?
I also so that it has what it calls “Exploitation Framework Frontend” but im not sure what to make of that.

1 Like

I have re-listed your post to Networking->Discussion, support posts are not shown on the front page or latest pages, also, you are not facing a problem. Support is for problems and issues, this is merely a discussion.

For portspoof? I think it would work for basic port scanners. But ones that grab banners or analyze fingerprints, I would think it wouldn’t be too effective.

2 Likes

TlVMTCBOT1RISU5HIE5PTU9SRQ0KDQo=

2 Likes

Wait what? He tried to exploit your box, and you ended up getting a shell on his box? How does this even work?

2 Likes

I was trying to figure out how to set that up but clearly im a n00b because I couldnt figure it out lol. Would you mind sharing how you set tht up

Thats the part about the tool that I dont get either. I tried to set that up but docs on how to do that is a bit sparse.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.