It's Hacktoberfest again! Get a free t-shirt! Help Legobot out!

What is Hacktoberfest?

Every year, Digital Ocean and Github partner up to encourage contributions to open-source projects. If you sign up for Hacktoberfest (just sign up, that’s all!) they help you find projects you can contribute to as well as sending you stickers and what-not. If you open 5 pull requests in the month of October, you also get a t-shirt (and the satisfaction of knowing you helped a FOSS project).

Who should I help?

There are lots of projects around and Digital Ocean and Github work to make sure you find issues that match your skill level and interest, from beginner all the way to advanced. As with last year, I plan to help people get their PR count up by carving out some work on Legobot and guiding people through pull requests.

If this interests you, let me know and I’ll help you find some work you can do for the project. I plan to create and label issues tonight.

Get out there, contribute to FOSS, and get a free t-shirt! It’s fun!

7 Likes

I guess you can’t contribute to your own project?

1 Like

All my PRs to legobot counted last year, even though the project was still in my namespace.

2 Likes

What about a merge in plain old git, that’s then pushed up to GitHub?

That’s a good question. I don’t know if that gets counted. I think what’s happening behind the scenes is that DO is using GH’s API to count pull requests, so a merge + push without a PR won’t show up as a PR.

Hey Fraq I’ve got some free time and would love to donate it to legobot. Let me know what needs done

1 Like

Looks like October will be the month of PRs that could’ve been resolved locally.

1 Like

I’m planning to get some issues carved out tonight, so check the repo tomorrow!

3 Likes

You can easy contribute to Hacktoberfest Lists to get the Free TShirt.

Contribute: