Vulnerable By Design - Many CTF VM's

Most of these VM’s(virtual machines) have flags that need capturing, and there’s a nice variety of vulnerable systems… a couple I’ve seen (PRIMER for one), even have a story based approach which adds a little something different. The site appears to get new additions fairly frequently too. Hours of fun!

https://www.vulnhub.com/

1 Like

Interesting. I’ll take a look at some of these VMs after I finish up with OTW.

No this is fine! The site looks really cool :wink:

i dont really understand it ? what is it and what can it do?
is there a beginning post or intrdduction ?

Greetings it is test /pwnage materials. If unsure you can ask the creator https://twitter.com/g0tmi1k he is a nice guy. He wanted to get an image of the wht CTF for the site…

ooh now i feel meself a really noob what is a pwnage i know how a vm works and what it is,but not ctf i know it stands for capture the flag but what is it ??

Pwn

For other uses, see PWN (disambiguation).
Not to be confused with Pone (disambiguation).
“Powned” redirects here. For Dutch public broadcaster, see PowNed.

Pwn is a leetspeak slang term derived from the verb own, as meaning to appropriate or to conquer to gain ownership. The term implies domination or humiliation of a rival, used primarily in the Internet-based video game culture to taunt an opponent who has just been soundly defeated (e.g., “You just got pwned!”).

In script kiddie jargon, pwn means to compromise or control, specifically another computer (server or PC), web site, gateway device, or application. It is synonymous with one of the definitions of hacking or cracking, including iOS jailbreaking. The Pwnie Awards are awarded by a group of security researchers.

Popularity of the term among teenagers rose in the mid-2000s, with the spread from the Internet written form to use in spoken language.

Pronunciations
Because pwn is primarily used in written form, it has no single generally accepted pronunciation: renditions include /ˈoʊn/ ohn, /ˈpwoʊn/ pwohn, /ˈpoʊn/ pohn, /pəʔˈoʊn/ pə’-ohn, /ˈpɔːn/ pawn, /piːˈoʊn/ pee-ohn, and /ˈpwiːn/ pween. Originally, pwn and its variants were pronounced /ˈoʊn/ in the same way as the verb own, the tail of the p being “silent”. A notable usage of this pronunciation can be seen in the Internet distributed series Pure Pwnage (pronounced “pure ownage” /ˈpjʊər ˈoʊnᵻdʒ/).

:relaxed:

are you dutch if yes can you rewrite please what you just typed but then in dutch .

(het zou veel maklijker zijn :slight_smile: )

pwn

Voor ander gebruik, zie PWN (het ondubbelzinnig maken).
Niet te verwarren met Pone (het ondubbelzinnig maken).
“Powned” richt hier opnieuw. Voor de Nederlandse publieke omroep, zie PowNed.

PWN is een leetspeak slang term afgeleid van het werkwoord zelf, in die zin toe te eigenen of te veroveren om het eigendom te krijgen. De term impliceert overheersing of vernedering van een rivaal, voornamelijk gebruikt in de op internet gebaseerde video game cultuur aan een tegenstander die net is versloeg beschimpen (bijvoorbeeld 'je net pwned! ").

In script kiddie jargon, pwn betekent om compromissen te sluiten of toezicht, in het bijzonder een andere computer (server of pc), website, gateway-apparaat, of applicatie. Het is synoniem met een van de definities van het hacken of kraken, inclusief jailbreak. De Pwnie Awards worden toegekend door een groep van security onderzoekers.

Populariteit van de term onder tieners steeg in het midden van de jaren 2000, met de verspreiding van het internet geschreven vorm voor gebruik in gesproken taal.

uitspraken
Because pwn vooral gebruikt in geschreven vorm, heeft het geen enkele pronunciation generally accepted: vertolkingen include / oʊn / ohn, / pwoʊn / pwohn, / poʊn / Pohn, / pəʔoʊn / pə’-ohn, / pɔːn / pion / piːoʊn / pee-ohn en / pwiːn / pween. Oorspronkelijk pwn en zijn varianten werden uitgesproken / oʊn / op dezelfde wijze als het werkwoord zelf, de staart van de p zijn “stil”. Een opmerkelijk gebruik van deze uitspraak is te zien op het internet verspreid serie Pure Pwnage (uitgesproken als “Pure Pwnage” / pjʊər oʊnᵻdʒ /).:stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.