Cannot access twitter.com [SOLVED]

EDIT: I guess this might be off-topic for the site… but I don’t think I can erase the post :no_mouth:

I cannot access twitter.com… it’s very odd. It’s the only site there is a problem with, and I haven’t encountered this before. I’ve tried on both Chrome and Firefox, I’ve tried on my Android device and even also through Tor, and the same result each time, the message:

The twitter.com page isn’t working

twitter.com redirected you too many times.
Try:
Reloading the page
Clearing your cookies
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

I tried the suggestions in the error msg, and have given twitter all the cookie permissions it could wish for, but no difference. It’s been like this for at least a couple of weeks, and I’m stumped… anyone ever encounter this before?

Did you actually delete the cookies, or just change permissions?

Yea @EnergyWolf try clearing your browser cache.

Yes, I properly cleared the cache… and also deleted all cookies, and then specifically deleted twitters cookies, without change. Bear in mind too, this is happening across devices… and when I installed a fresh version of Firefox, it too has the same problem, even after I made sure it accepts all cookies and then cleared the cache. I don’t think I’m missing anything cookie related that a ‘normal’ user would deal with.

I’ll get a friend to connect to my network and see if he has any issues…

It must be your network then? Do you have parental controls set up on your router?

No, the only thing I can think of at this point is the ISP might have something to do with it… but that makes little sense. Guess I’ll just have to see what happens when a friend tries to connect to twitter from my network.

Try a VPN or a Proxy?

Tried Tor, and a web proxy… same result, though with Tor, I was able to get to the login page, but when I logged in, was taken back to the same error…

Such a weird error. Maybe its a bug with twitter?! Are you using IPv6?

Nope… found this, at least I’m not the only one:

I note also that these posts are from the last few days.

I’m just going to label this as solved… I can now, suddenly, inexplicably access twitter through tor, only to find the account is suspended. No explanations. So I’ve contacted support.

Maybe someone was on your account?

Damn! Didn’t see that coming.