Hacking oriented distro?

Hey !

I just want to ask you which Hacking oriented distro exist ?
I know Kali, BlackBuntu, ParrotOS, BlackArch…

But i don’t know each specifications, some help for clarity would be appreciated ! :slight_smile:

Thank’s

https://0x00sec.org/t/what-os-do-you-use-for-hacking/387. We’ve got a poll about the topic :wink:.

Honestly from what I know a hacking distribution is just a glorified distribution with hacking tools already installed on it. So I think in a beginners case a good idea would be just familiarizing yourself with Linux, then learning how the tools work and using them accordingly. Once you’ve done that, you can get a hacking distribution , or just get said tools on the distribution you already use like Ubuntu. To put it simply, it doesn’t matter what you use to do something, as long as you know what to do and how to do it. I could use Kali, yet at the same time I could use Ubuntu loaded with hacking tools. Both would work great regardless.

2 Likes

As said @Cromical, be familiar with Linux system is crucial and, from my point of view, mandatory to ensure a good understanding of what happen behind the scene. Once done, it will be easier for you to figure it out which distro is the best for you. Kalinux, Parrot Security OS, BlackArch, BackBox, … are great to discover new tools that can take a while to find by yourself, however, keep in mind that those pre-configured operating systems are not secure at all and have a distinct fingerprint which can easily lead to you during a forensic analysis.

Hope it helps.

Best,
Nitrax

3 Likes