HackTheBox Weekly Challenge - Access & Dab

ctf
hackthebox

(← ∨ ↑ = ␀) #1

Alright this week we’re mixing things up and we’re asking 0x00s finest to try their hands at two boxes, hereafter dubbed The Default box and 7h3 1337 b0x. Default should be accessible to most skill levels but those who do crack 1337 get to brag their asses off both here and on IRC (#htb channel)

Default: Access & 1337: Dab

Thread Rules:

• No Spoilers

• If you need to ask a question, please use [spoiler][/spoiler] tags if you think it’ll reveal information

• Hints are allowed if they are vague, and oddly cryptic. Paint an Escher painting with your words

• Feel free to post that you pwned a box, but no write-ups. Nada

• Asking for help without effort on your part will be met with near fatal doses of sarcasm

N.B:
I will be watching the HTB twitter to know what challenges are being decommissioned so we don’t lose forward progress in our rankings. They release this info on every 6-8 days so this post will always be on a Thursday/Friday. This is no guarantee however as they might decommission the week after. It’s a numbers game so if we keep pwning we keep ranking up.

If you’re interested in joining our HTB Team, please read more here.

dab sure is tricky for foothold… i’ve got as far as the “list”, but nfi what to do after this :sweat_smile:

At least you are already past the first machine, I suck at Windows boxes so I’m still trying to root Access.

If only the other users in my server stopped deleting important stuff…