HackTheBox Weekly Challenge - LaCasaDePapel

Hi 0x00ers!

For this fine week, as the first week of April, we’re going to be jumping into LaCasaDePapel! On first look this seems like it’s going to be a creative foothold (but who knows).

This is rated easy, so it should be quite straightforward, remember not to overthink it and enumerate EVERYTHING.

When you manage to get user and root this one, please drop a comment on your thoughts, whether you liked it or not, whether your not you’ve learned anything on this. These kinds of experiences are so helpful for newbies getting into HackTheBox for the first time, and comments like these helped me when I started out!

If you’re timing yourself, feel free to post your timings. I never time myself but I know some like to.

LaCasaDePapel

Box Info

This is a Linux box and is rated easy, I spent 10 minutes enumerating this the other day before getting pulled away, and looks like it’s going to be a fun, themed box. We’ll have to wait and see.

Difficulty: Easy
Release Date: 30 Mar 2019

download
Thread Rules:

• No Spoilers
  • No Spoilers

• If you need to ask a question, please use [spoiler][/spoiler] tags if you think it’ll reveal information
  • Hints are allowed if they are vague, and oddly cryptic. Paint an Escher painting with your words
  • Feel free to post that you pwned a box, but no write-ups. near-fatal for help without effort on your part will be met with near fatal doses of sarcasm
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.