Introducing the 0x00Drone

diy
0x00drone

(Community & PR manager) #21

Right now we need the community to provide us with suggestions because right now we have so few features it might not even be worth it to build.

We use an AVR microcontroller (the ATtiny1634), and not a PIC, but I appreciate your offer. I’ll contact you in case we need help.

(707) #22

I suggest a big giant laser pointer on it for the trollolols… jk. Actually, I will look around… how big was it again? I need to read the post again.

Now, the biggest issue and this is just a reference from WD2, if we manage to get the drone in, what are the possibilities that it won’t get shot down or something like that? Just curious.

(Community & PR manager) #23

This is not an issue really. Do just as WD2: don’t fly in front of people, fly high enough, and land when it is safe.

(Ya...sqrt(zero-knowledge)²) #24

mm, i toke little time reading about ATiny1634 i found it you will face some problems with WiFi or GHz because it’s not low level the problem can fix but better if we used STM32l0 the low voltage we can here you a lot of comp … with out problems like 4 motors and WiFi, like what we know the best place for frequency is low voltage :wink:

(Ya...sqrt(zero-knowledge)²) #25

you can check STM32l0 series from here : https://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers/stm32l0-series.html?querycriteria=productId=SS1817

(Community & PR manager) #26

We do not use the ATtiny for communication in any way. The raspberry pi does that!

(Ya...sqrt(zero-knowledge)²) #27

raspberry is good for this mission :smiley:

(Community & PR manager) #28

We use the ATtiny only for timing the switching of the boost converter and the beacon, aswell as interacting with the raspberry pi and the payload mechanism. The ATtiny only controls local hardware. Hope I cleared things up

Hello @Phoenix750, been following your post for a while and I have to admit this is pretty good work. Not sure how useful it’ll end up being but I’m somewhat knowledgeable about drones and interested in contributing. Let me know if there’s something I can help with!

(Community & PR manager) #30

Hello @alias

We are not sure how useful it will be either, but we are the first to attempt a hacking drone with this many features. We have talked to some real life pentesters and they seemed very enthusiastic of this idea.

Regarding if you can help us, we have an issue tracker on GitHub. Feel free to help us with the current issues/tasks through the comments, or make your own suggestions through said issue tracker. We invite the rest of 0x00sec to do this too, by the way.

Thanks for your assistance!

(Guess, there's a solution I'm not seeing.) #31

Because @Phoenix750 asked for some ideas here are my two cents:
The problem I see is that the hacking package is basically just a small PC with a limited power resources. So the only advantage you get (besides the freaking cool James Bond feeling) is the positional advantage from the drone (flying and dropping a “proxy” somewhere).
Which could be useful for these features:

Trilateration + AP/Client information collection
Flying with the drone over an area you can’t enter and roughly determine the APs positions, their authentication methods and collect information of phones (e.g. probe packages from phones).

"Jamming" + Rogue AP
Kicking phones out of their WiFi could be handy sometimes if they connect to your rogue AP on the hacking station. Although I think the denial of service aspect of jamming (technically it’s not jamming but who cares), is more beneficial because you could refuse IoT devices to talk to their network.
The problem with this is, that the batteries of the raspberry pi will be empty pretty quick. Additionally, for both of those attacks you need some decent network cards, which leads to more weight.

Telecommunication attacks
I’m by no mean an expert or anything in this, but it seems like you can clone some IDs (ESN/MIN) from the phone when it is authenticating itself at the base stations. Later you could use these numbers to send SMS in the name of the owner.
Besides that, the hacking station should have the ability to send silent SMS. Sending them from your own phone could reveal your position afterwards (see Trilateration). While the SIM of the hacking package can be destroyed.

That were my ideas I’ve got yesterday. What do you think about them.

Edit: A hell lot of grammar.

(Not a N00b, but still learning) #32

Just a quick idea, but do you think recharging the hacking paclage via a small solar cell would be feasible? It would surely take a hell lot of time to recharge, but at least you could operate it somewhat permanently then(e.g. hidden at the rooftop) Jusy make sure the parachute doesn’t cover the cells :wink:

(Command-Line Ninja) #33

That’s a good idea, however, there comes a few problems when you start to factor in the weight of the solar panel, and the amount of power it would produce. It would no doubt be heavier than the amount of power it could add.

Flight time would be decreased, and hacking payload running time would increase, slightly? I don’t know what your experience is with solar panels, but mine is that you need a device to stay in direct sunlight, for a very extended period of time.

(Community & PR manager) #34

You have very good ideas @Rot127. We will certainly look into them. Thanks for providing links, too!

@SmartOne, we thought about this too; The problem here is that the device needs to be in direct sunlight for it to work, which often is not the case. There are other technicalities too (like power management) and considering the hacking package could survive on it’s own for about two weeks, we scrapped it.

@pry0cc weight is not a problem at all atm, I let the mavic lift about 1kg up to 50m high yesterday. Flight time will of course be decreased by carrying things, but it is not significant (3-5 minutes if not flying reckless). But to clear up any confusion: the hacking package is NOT on the same power source as the drone! The hacking package has it’s own power supply and it’s own battery.