LOGO! PLC challenges: special functions 1-10

plc
logo
boolean-logic
timer

(Community & PR manager) #1

Hello again 0x00sec. It has been a while since I uploaded some new challenges but I was working on other things (like the 0x00Drone). Today we are going to make the leap from normal boolean-logic to special functions in LOGO!. This is where it will be getting somewhat harder. Who will have the solutions first?

Requirements

• You have LOGO Soft installed, which you can download from here.

Manuals:

How to solve a challenge

• You must take a screenshot of the program you made in LOGO Soft. A screen recording of you running the simulation is also accepted and recommended.

• Then you must write down how your program works. Example: “If I1 is active, then it will activate the 1st pin on the AND-gate called B001. If I2 is also active, which is connected to the 2nd pin of B001, then B001 will be active.”

• You must write a short report of how you came to the solution if you used any of the manuals or help menus. If the solution was so easy you didn’t need any of the manuals or help menus, you can skip this step

Your solution is ONLY valid if you have done all of the above!!

Solutions may not be blurred but need to be put under a “hide detail” mark using the “hide detail” tool!

Challenge 1

Description: When I1 or I2 is active, then Q1 must be active. When I1 or I2 become inactive again, Q1 must remain active and can’t be deactivated. The only way to do so is to disconnect the power to the LOGO!. Use only one special function block for this challenge.

Author assigned level: Newbie/Wannabe.

Community assigned level:

• Wannabe
  • Hacker
  • Wizard
  • Guru

0 voters

Challenge 2

Description: When I1 is active, Q1 will be active and will remain active when I1 is no longer active. When I2 is active, Q1 will deactivate again and remain deactivated. When I1 and I2 are active at the same time, Q1 must be inactive. Use only one function block for this challenge.

• Wannabe
  • Hacker
  • Wizard
  • Guru

0 voters

Challenge 3

Description: The same as challenge 2, but this time when I1 and I2 are active at the same time, Q1 must be active. Use as few blocks as possible.

Author assigned level: Wannabe.

• Wannabe
  • Hacker
  • Wizard
  • Guru

0 voters

Challenge 4

When I1 is active, Q1 will be active and will remain active when I1 becomes inactive. When I2 or I3 are active, Q1 will become inactive again. When I1, I2, and I3 are pressed at the same time, Q1 must be active.

• Wannabe
  • Hacker
  • Wizard
  • Guru

0 voters

Challenge 5

Description: Same as challenge 4, but this time Q1 is inactive when all the inputs are active at the same time

• Wannabe
  • Hacker
  • Wizard
  • Guru

0 voters

Challenge 6

Description: When I1 or I2 is active, then Q1 will be active and will remain active. Q1 becomes inactive when I3 is active.

Author assigned level: Newbie.

• Wannabe
  • Hacker
  • Wizard
  • Guru

0 voters

Challenge 7

description: when I1 or I2 is active, Q1 will be active and remains active. Q1 will be deactivated when I3 or I4 is active. When all 4 of the inputs are active at the same time, Q1 will be active.

• Wannabe
  • Hacker
  • Wizard
  • Guru

0 voters

Challenge 8

Description: When I1 is active, Q1 will be active 5 seconds later, and then remains active. Q1 gets deactivated again when I2 is active.

• Wannabe
  • Hacker
  • Wizard
  • Guru

0 voters

Challenge 9

Description: When I1 is active, Q1 will be active immediately and remains active. When I2 is active, Q1 will be inactive 5 seconds later.

• Wannabe
  • Hacker
  • Wizard
  • Guru

0 voters

Challenge 10

Description: When I1 is active, Q1 will be active immediately and remains active. When I2 is active, Q1 will be inactive 5 seconds later. When I3 is active, Q1 will be inactive immediately.

Author assigned level: Wannabe/Hacker.

• Wannabe
  • Hacker
  • Wizard
  • Guru

0 voters

Solutions

Both inputs are connected to the set pin of a latching relay through an or gate. There is nothing connected to the reset pin of the relay so it can’t be reset without disconnecting power to the LOGO.

I1 is connected to the trigger of the latching relay and I2 to the reset. The manual says that the reset pin has priority over then set pin, so the output is inactive when both inputs are active.

The same as the last one, except this time the inputs are ANDed and the result is ORed with the relay before being connected to the output. So Q1 will be active when the relay is or all the inputs are.

The same as the last one, except I2 and I3 are ORed on the set pin of the latching relay so they both reset it. I3 is also added to the AND-gate so Q1 is one when all 3 are instead of just the first 2.

The same as question 2 except I2 and I3 are ORed on the reset pin.

I1 and I2 are ORed on the set pin of a latching relay. I3 is connected to the reset.

The same as question 3 except I1 and I2 are ORed on the set pin and I3 and I4 are ORed on the reset pin of the latching relay. I1, I2, I3 and I4 are also in the AND gate so that Q1 is active when all the inputs are.

I1 is connected to On-Delay B001 set to 5 seconds, so B001 is active when I1 is held for 5 seconds. B001 is connected to the set pin of latching relay B002 so that Q1 will star active when I1 is deactivated. I2 is connected to the reset pin of B002.

I1 is connected to the set pin of latching relay B002 which is connected to Q1, so Q1 is activated when I1 is, and stays active when I1 is disabled. I2 is connected to retentive on-delay B001 which is connected to the reset pin of the latching relay and set to 5 seconds. So the relay is reset 5 seconds after I2 is pulsed. I1 is also connected to the reset pin of the on-delay.

The same as the last one, except I3 is connected directly to the reset of the latching relay and the reset of the on-delay.

(Community & PR manager) #3

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.