Newbies / Ask for help(buying a wireless network card for pentesting)

networking
hacking
linux

(mimgim) #1

I want to buy Wireless Adapter but I’m confused .I do not know which model is better .
I work with Linux so Wireless Adapter has to support it …
and I love Aircrack-ng so again Wireless Adapter has to support it …

My available Wireless Adapter list for buying
AWUS051nh v2
AWUS036nhr v2
AWUS052nh
AWUS036AC
AWUS036ACH
plz
Guide me…
(sorry for my English I’m not good Language learner)

(Hrishikesh Somchatwar) #2

Hello there
You should definitely go with AWUS036nhr v2 though I own an Alfa AWUS036H and according to my any alfa card would work unless its b/g

(Command-Line Ninja) #3

I have the AWUS036NH, and it works great. As long as it supports monitor mode I think you’re good.

(A Scrub) #4

Oh lordy… this depends on whether or not you want to spend $10 bucks or $100 bucks… I got a new one for my RPi and I’m grateful that I got it. Why? My Windows box doesn’t have the drivers for the wireless card that I use for my Linux’s box, installed properly that is. My mind remembered that I got a external wireless card a while back (sold my RPi) and on top it all, I got a disk for it that install the proper drive. Yay!

What’s the moral of this story? You don’t need a fancy wireless card to use monitor mode or use it on your Linux box. I believe mine cost me roughly, $10. If anyone/you are wondering what it is… it is, USB 2.0 Wireless 802.IIN which comes with the disk that installs the driver RT5370. I also got it off of Amazon. I suggest personally… look on Amazon or places like Walmart for a wireless card and check out the compatibility drivers for Aircrack-ng.