Show off your setup! V2

This is my home screen

using a very old generation hardware :slight_smile:

Using Vmware and VBox for CTFs and exploit development

As a IDM fan, using it with wine, Spotify is love :heart_eyes:

Can I know about hardware you are using?

As i tried Hackintosh, but it lags whole machine.

Screenshot_2018-11-26_00-49-36

Screenshot_2018-11-26_00-53-13

my dotfiles: https://github.com/takuzoo3868/dotfiles

2 Likes

Desktop still making and editing changes into it. - Got my temps, net usage etc… for now. Figuring out how to make it clean and viewable all at once.

1 Like

I don’t have time for customization.

In the process of setting up my hacking and pen testing environment.
Picked up an old Dell PowerEdge 2950 from ebay for cheap, upgraded memory to 32 GB
and stuck a 4TB SATA drive in it. Put it out in the garage as it is noisy as hell. Installed VMWare ESXI (free, from vmware) Installed vmware fusion on my imac.

I am quite impressed with the performance for a cheap setup.

Here are some images.

Thanks
BIn

desk-2 ESXI-2

3 Likes

You’d probably want to shut that boy down after use if you care about your power bill :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yup, only on when I need to use it. lol

Speaking about electricity bills, how do costs of this setup compare to running an equivalent setup off EC2 or a dedicated server?

I paid $250 for the server. Also around another $150 for the harddisk and added memory.
I have been using the box for several years, so quite reasonable. No monthly fees.

When it dies I will upgrade to newer server as latest version of ESXI does not support older processors.

Bin

Convert it to run on solar and your fine lol. 3 panels will cost you 2 monthes lol

1 Like

3 Likes

J Cole++. I see that on your top bar :smiley:

Yeah xD , i do like that music genre.

screenshot
Qubes for me, hoping to have a full virtual lab on here soon, mostly a matter of me getting off my ass and setting up the DMZ.

Running on a Thinkpad W530, still working on my pentest template.

1 Like

Love the MacOS theme

Cool guys, I’m at work. Because of this i cant show my setup. :cry:

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.