What do you all “really” think of Defcon?

@yeezi I never said I was pretending that, that is how everything will go. I just answered your question by giving you a possible outcome of what could happen. Never said it will happen. There are infinite possibilities and infinite amount of outcomes that could happen. Time will decide which outcome will happen. If people from Defcon think pretending is the way to go, let them, it mainly means they are scared. And theoretically, if you think about it, they would pretend to say “this is how it will happen” in order to not lose customer revenue. If they accept the fact and do not pretend, then people will not want to come to Defcon anymore (by realizing it is a sideshow attraction(@fxbg)). So… in short, Defcon is stuck in a business stalemate right now.
-Archangel

No worries, I wasn’t implying that you did. I’m only pointing it out because that’s the basic gist of their theme this year.

1 Like

I went to DC this year as a first-timer and it was incredible for me. I stayed pretty fluid in my planning which allowed for interesting things to happen. Listened to some talks, was blown away by the villages, and most important met so many seriously cool people that I am making a point to keep in touch with. The parties were pretty lit and it’s a lot of fun to chat with my new friends about what parts I’m waiting on being shipped so that I can solder this and that onto my badge, etc etc. I hope to go each year now and eventually branch out to the other cons. There’s a lot that can happen at Defcon good and bad – if you put your neck out there and act polite, there are a lot of people who will help you, teach you, party with you and just hangout for a bit between whatever else you’re doing that day.

It is expensive . Pregame and don’t waste food worked for me. I wonder if you/OP went this year.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.

I didn’t go this year, but I think I will give it a go again next year.

Will just have to make more of an effort in the villages and maybe take part in a CTF.

Where did you spend most of your time in the end?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.