The Illusion of Control: Intellectual Discussion

You mean mixing Buddhism with a normal lifestyle? Just start meditating. Even 5 mins a day, just sit somewhere where you won’t get disturbed, close your eyes, and let what happens happen. I’ve watched quite a few “tutorials” on meditation on youtube, and talked to people who’ve done it for years, and I reckon that’s the best way to start. Though I think any big benefits are long term.

3 Likes

Good advice! Thanks!

1 Like

Because Buddhism is not a religion but rather a discipline. It is very interesting and the stories past down are much like stories Tribes (Apache, Cherokee, Lakota…) past down to us. It helps us better understand the discipline. Religion (at least the Christian religion) was started for greed. (I’m not talking spirituality here, but organized religion).

1 Like

There is control in many ways.

I was raised with Native American culture… So let me explain from my angle. :blush:

We can control ourselves. The rest is an illusion.

When children are growing up, there is always a natural leader. The elders observe and discover that natural leader. Then the elders guide him or her to be a chief or type of leader (yes women were leaders and were valued more than white people valued women). They are taught to guide people to be kind to all things and all people…

The Europeans came, tried to slaughter them and were proof what happens when you do not guide a natural leader. We also saw there was a power struggle. That is where the saying “too many chiefs and not enough Indians” came from. One day f the Chiefs was attempting to guide these stinky, toothless beasts into understanding by saying “white man has too many chiefs”. Meaning too many people ordering people around and they SUCKED at it. Which is why another chief stated that before white men, no one was homeless, no one was hungry, there were no taxes…

The 7th generation (you) will be the people to change it. Observation helped them figure out natural leaders. Observation showed white men were totally evil (the Columbus followers… Not all white people). Observation showed them a prediction (stated as a vision or dream) by a chief. He said the 7th generation would rise with the Europeans and bring back the original ways.

In conclusion, I’m saying…
We are in control of our actions, but not others. It is an illusion that morons are leading us. It is YOU who will bring back peace. The predictions of the Chiefs have been correct this far… I have no doubt this observation was true as well.

If you choose to do nothing… Then it will not happen. It is still YOUR will and a power struggle with Columbians and the 7th generation.

Did this make sense?

Also note: That USA stole Hitler’s team to learn mind control. So there is another illusion as you are GUIDED (not predestined) to choose certain lifestyles.

2 Likes

This might actually be the problem. I’ve been playing for a while with the thought that Aristocracy might be better than democracy, but I think this is the option noone ever mentions. Good leaders are the ones that don’t get consumed by greed / power. Sadly in todays society only the greedy get in power, the ones already corrupt become the next leader.

1 Like

@unh0lys0da,
You are right. It is the corrupted people in power.

You also mentioned that greed is a factor. I agree. However, they are wickedly stupid as they are greedy for money. In the end, they’ll realize that you can’t eat money.

All they learn is to chase cash and they seem awfully… Not-so-bright. So, they’ll suffer once they realize everything else is gone and all they have is money. Money has no value but what humans place on it. What happens when none of us take their blood-money?

In my oppinion we are controlled. Every decision we make is programmed before we do it by the chemical and physical rules.
Do I want to say: “don’t make decisions”?
No. I only want to say we are controlled and we can’t do something again our decisions. But if you think you mustn’t make decision you are wrong. It’s also controlled if you think you mustn’t make decisions.

I hope I haven’t writen decision wrong

Have fun with your life :smile: