Best please for project code repo online

Hi, I’m looking for best please to put my project code online. I’m considering three places:

1. GitHub
  2. GitLab
  3. Bitbucket

This project will be related to security and analyses. I would like to allow only a few people access to the program codes in order to review. The project development itself is to be based on the basic principles of software development derived from production. Full test coverage. Documentation and implementation of process automation at the largest possible scale.

Which platform will you best according to this approach? Note that the project is of a hobby nature mainly me as a programmer.

I prefer GitLab because you get free private repos, but you should probably google for some comparisons for more details.

GitLab also offers a whole suite of developer tools but I’m not sure if all of them will suit your needs, you should check it out yourself and see if you can work with them.

If it was something personal and I wasn’t forced into using any specific hosted version control, I would definitely use GitHub. I’m familiar with it, everyone’s familiar with it. It has the largest audience and is therefore most convenient.

GitHub has also had free unlimited repos for a while now, up to three collaborators. Not only that, they also have a free student pack you can get (if you can prove you’re a student).

1 Like

I asked because I have two ideas for a projects. First one some kind of personal, second one is just a tool.

This first one I don’t want to show everyone, it’s mostly for me and future development. Second is just for open source usage.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.