Best RAT for Linux?

Windows has Quasar, a high quality open source RAT. Is there anything that good freely available for Linux?

I am assuming you are talking about Malware that can affect Linux system so excuse me if i get this reply out of topic, Linux doesn’t have That many viruses, If you want Good Linux malware that is more sufficient to your own standards and is effective today then you will have to buy it from a source or just create a simple BASH based malware and build off of there. But if you want malware for Linux That dumb people or just people that are plain idiots will not notice here are a few That are very useful and are open source:
(Keep in mind that rootkits are very common on Linux, and there are a few that can’t be detected. So Rootkits are more a Linux thing than RATS)

These are your best bet. The reason why i said to write your own RAT if you have experience or know Programming is because, things like these are well known and can be removed or Easily detected if actually tried in a serious situation and it wouldn’t be that hard to notice either since these tools do give out different requests from all shapes and sizes. Just monitor your network and check for outbound request then try and find the source of recently changed files. hense why linux viruses are not really useful in a serious situation, at the end of the day its all just fun.

2 Likes

Wow, thanks for the thorough response!

things like these are well known and can be removed or Easily detected if actually tried in a serious situation

Detected by what? In my experience, few Linux desktop users run clam or sophos or anything like that.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.