CoinHive -- Node.js

CoinHive

Okay, we have talked in the past about mining for CoinHive in the terminal. The only option presented was to run chromium in headless mode. I just found a project on github that implements the CoinHive API in Node.js making a fully fledge application to mine XMR. It has a nice UI (still terminal), allows us to create a master server and run slaves controlled by this server and even let’s us use a pool other than CoinHive.

Project’s Github: https://github.com/cazala/coin-hive

How to use?

First you need Node.js. I believe that the version must be at least 8.0. You can install it by following the instructions here.

You need to install the dependencies. For debian based distros do the following.

sudo apt-get -y install gconf-service libasound2 libatk1.0-0 libc6 libcairo2 libcups2 libdbus-1-3 libexpat1 libfontconfig1 libgcc1 libgconf-2-4 libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0 libglib2.0-0 libgtk-3-0 libnspr4 libpango-1.0-0 libpangocairo-1.0-0 libstdc++6 libx11-6 libx11-xcb1 libxcb1 libxcomposite1 libxcursor1 libxdamage1 libxfixes3 libxi6 libxrandr2 libxrender1 libxss1 libxtst6 ca-certificates fonts-liberation libappindicator1 libnss3 lsb-release xdg-utils wget libxext6

Now, you can install the application via npm.

sudo npm i -g coin-hive --unsafe-perm=true --allow-root

You are ready to use it!

sudo coin-hive 8GiCBvTene8ArpdPgDjPt2tUIIr4NrXM --username FFY00

Note that 8GiCBvTene8ArpdPgDjPt2tUIIr4NrXM is 0x00sec’s CoinHIve API key. If you want to mine for other website you need to replace it.

3 Likes

Nice man! I am doing it right now and it works a treat.

Since I am on arch, the only dependency I had to install was lib32-gconf

About the pools, once we’ve reached our payout, could we modify the existing in-browser to use another pool? I think it would be cool to start our own mining pool, either for XMR or for ZEC (or any other crypto) at some point, and not just as a donation service.

There are a lot of people here, and if we all work together, we could have a pretty nice group for mining. I think monero will stay competitive for quite a while, due to their “Anti-ASIC” algo. I’d love to hear what others have to say on this matter.

1 Like

Yes, I think that would be cool. I don’t know if we can modify the pool in CoinHive’s script easily but it would be a good idea to keep the browser miner available.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.