You will read a lot of stupid questions from this rookie here ^^
After one week of research I have decided that I want to become an Ethical Hacker!
- I have absolute zero knowledge when it comes to coding in any language, understanding ethical
hacking properly and its tools for each different area in our digital world.
I have been googling a ton, using ChatGPT for many, many questions and I always ended up in a
rabbit hole because there is so much to know about and learn and I have no understanding on
how it all works and where I should start so it becomes overwhelming.
- Where do I start? What do I want to achieve?
Well, in my mind I have this picture of helping the ones that no one else is seeing, that are left alone.
I dream about helping the ones that can not help themselves in a difficult position because of higher powers.
Example: (The Iranian government censur and filter their network for its civilian. During a protest about Jina Mahsa Amini, the girl who got killed by a government morale-police because she was not wearing her hijab/headscarf properly according to them.
Protest began and the government shot down its own network so that people can not upload/share what is happening during the protest.)
So, what happened was some ethical hacker hacked the street cameras and recorded the incidents that happened on the streets and uploaded on the net to the world to see.
Example: Lets say a friend of mine owns an animal store and has a website for the store.
The website gets hacked by someone and no one is able to visit the site or the website is showing something else.
- QUESTION: If I knew how to correctly ethically hack those two above, would I need same IT knowledge and tools? Or would I need totally different knowledge/materials for one and each?
- QUESTION: If I worked for my local Police Department would that then require some other coding language, IT knowledge and other tools if they for example want me to ethical hack someones mobile-phone who is suspicious for being a spy and is a threat according to the government?
- You see, I am trying to understand a bigger picture in this and build a wider perspective around my head while moving towards being an Ethical Hacker.
- Also I am trying to move towards my goal in an efficient way rather than trying to learn everything at the same time or maybe learning wrong areas that is not very necessary for an absolute beginner.
That is the main reason I came to this reddit channel in hope to be guided at least the smallest.
Hopefully I can join a local university and expand my knowledge, but until then self learning is in progress.
- GUIDANCE: I need you guys to guide me understand the very basic fundamentals to begin with.
With that I mean What books/video/website/App would you recommend me to start with and in which area? (I do not mind books with hundreds of pages).
Maybe recommend a book that you wish was available when you was a beginner starting Ethical Hacking. Share me your beginner experience.
Do I need to learn about IT/computer and its history first?
Do I need to learn about coding first?
Imagine that I time traveled from 1500’s and have no clue on from where I should start, but somehow I knew that I want to become an ethical hacker x).
If you have any other questions feel free to ask!
Thank you very much all to all of you in advance and greetings from this cold and snowy Sweden!