Game Hacking: WinXP MSN Gaming Zone (Internet Backgammon, Checkers, Hearts, Reversi, Spades)

Hi everyone,

Can someone help me RE Internet Games MSN Gaming Zone from Windows XP to work also in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 32-bit and 64-bit version?

I want to get old-fashioned but familiar Windows XP games working on Windows 10.
I’m not referring to FreeCell, Hearts, Minesweeper, Solitaire, Spider Solitaire and Microsoft 3D Pinball - Space Cadet 1.0 Games from Windows XP that require no patch (can be easily ported to Windows 7, 8, 8.1, & 10).

The versions that I’m interested are these ones:

• Internet Backgammon
  • Internet Checkers
  • Internet Hearts
  • Internet Reversi
  • Internet Spades.

The XP Internet Games works on Windows Vista, 7 and Windows Server 2008, but not on Windows 8 or 10.

When I’m trying to run “Internet Backgammon” executable from WinXP, I get this message: “Backgammon is unable to start. Close some other programs and try again, or try reinstalling Backgammon using Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.”

Is someone interested in patching (bypass OS restriction of) the Internet Games MSN Gaming Zone from Windows XP to work also in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 32-bit and 64-bit versions?
Maybe you will found a way to remove the version checking and patch these files.

Author Assigned Level: Newbie

I doubt there is a version check. Have you tried debugging it yourself and seeing what is the problem?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.