Gathering Sensitive Information: Advanced Search Queries

What Is Search Queries Again?

When you type something into Google, or whatever you are using, you for obvious reasons don’t get all the results on your search, because that would simply be way too much data for your computer to handle.
hence: that is why Google have so many and such big servers - not fit for your laptop or desktop.

Definition:
A web search query is a query that a user enters into a web search engine to satisfy his or her information needs. - According to Wiki at least.

That would be the ideal definition you’d get by asking a non-hacker. However, now lets imagine you asked Merozey, and see what you would get.

Definition:
By performing a search query in a database holding useful information, your query will go through the most popular databases potentially holding your answer, and will display that information accordingly, depending on its popularity.

Basics of Advanced Search Queries:

So, let me introduce to you a search query I use quite often actually, because it is very convenient, and provides good results. What I am introducing to you, is your new friend called A. He looks like this

@

This little fella can pull some good information in a short and sweet search query looking something like this:

@MichaelOregon

Remember our friend Michael that we are trying to DoX?
What is the @ doing exactly?

It narrows down your results tremendously, because as I mentioned above, your search query goes through hundreds of databases, and if you don’t put in @, you will receive everything that have either Michael or Oregon in it. therefore it is very effective to put in @, because it will look for specifically those 2 names TOGETHER. You will of course still get useless information, but that wont be whats being displayed to you at the top of your page. Usually (if done correctly) you should see potential social media profiles, and websites etc. first, and then useless information. Trust me, it will save you a lot of time.

Advanced Search Queries:

Now, lets move on to the big boy stuff. This is guaranteed that no average PC user is aware of this, because why would they? My other friend he is also very good at pulling some information when I am looking for specifically a certain thing.

" "

This guy right here can show you for example a spécific location. Lets say you are looking for Michael and you have heard rumours he might be living in USA but even more, he might be living near Pennsylvania. So one thing you could do is this:

@MichaelOregon "Pennsylvania"

This will display (hopefully) a Michael Oregon living in Pennsylvania with potential addresses.

I will possibly make a #2 on Advanced Search Queries

10 Likes

Good info! You’d be surprised how much info you can get on a target from advanced Google queries. For those interested in a book to train your Google-fu: http://www.amazon.com/Google-Hacking-Penetration-Testers-Johnny/dp/1597491764

1 Like

:thumbsup: Quality information for those unaware, should go through some advanced Google-Fu as it were, would be a solid foundational series.

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks for the useful info.

Great post! Really useful, I’d definetly like to see Advanced Search Queries #2. However, I do have one question, do these search queries only work with the Google search engine, or do they also work with Duckduckgo or Disconnect.me?

Essentially they should work on all search engines, the result will possibly vary from each search engine, since it your results are displayed accordingly depending on the databases Google uses to retrieve data.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.