Gathering Sensitive Information: Basics & Fundamentals of DoXing

What Is DoXing?

DoXing is a term we hackers use when gathering information on a target such as a company or more likely an individual. DoXing is usually meant for malicious intents, however this can most definitely also be used in a very good way, such as tracking down terrorists, and wanted black hat hackers.

DoXing is short for Documents > Doc = DoX

DoXing isnt just typing words in Google or a different search engine._

Understanding Where to Look:

When gathering information on a target, it would be good to do some recon first on your target. Get familiar with them, know who they talk to, where they communicate, what social media platforms they use, that way your methods of obtaining sensitive information will be more effective.Something that many doesn’t realize is that the nformation you are seeking is always stored somewhere, you just need to look harder. if Google or Yahoo doesnt have it, then it is likely stored in a database, which then goes beyond the area of DoXing and more into cracking.When DoXing someone you usually get all your information without having to crack into your targets devices or private servers.

It is actually legal to release DoX of individuals and whomever you wish, because the information you are obtaining are public. So you won’t get in jail for releasing a DoX. Yes, I am not kidding. Sometimes you will have to reach out to your target in order to obtain an IP address for example. You can do this by for example sending them an IP harvesting link. If you know the individual in person this wont be at all suspicious.

How to Look:

Even though you have your targets first & last name, you still need to know how to properly use this information in order to obtain more, and using that info to get even further, and so on.Luckily we have search engines which are powerful because they hold a lot of valuable information to a curious information seeker. So, how would you seek more information when having first & last name, in this case lets say our targets name is Michael Oregon. And all we know about this individual is how he looks like, which gives us a great advantage of finding his social medias.

Google
When looking for info on Google, you can use something called advanced search queries They are able to find more precise information.An example would be: @MichaelOregon or @(city/country) Michael Oregon. That way you narrow it down tremendously, and exclude any useless article that might contain the word Michael or Oregon.There are even more advanced queries than these which I will cover in future articles.

DoXing Format:

I’m ending this with how a DoXing format can look like. Keep in mind they can be very basic, to very very advanced. It can be scary how much an advanced DoXing format can look like, because the average internet user isn’t aware of how much sensitive information that person have.

https://ghostbin.com/paste/awd35 - Veteran DoX
https://ghostbin.com/paste/twcv7 - Advanced DoX
https://ghostbin.com/paste/ddz5d - Beginner DoX

Disclaimer: this is not for malicious purposes I am teaching you this, and I do not support any unethical use of these formats.

10 Likes

Great How-To!
Too many people nowadays underestimate the power of search engines. There are many operators you can use to get the needed information quite quickly from your target.

1 Like

Moved to How-To -> Social Engineering.

1 Like

Good tut! I’m waiting for the next one!

EDIT: Those DoX formats are a really good help.

you really are a part time savage damn! ill remember to post it there next time

5 Likes

Ohhhhhhh damn. This tutorial is GOLD. I am so glad you posted this. This community is so full of gems. So full. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

I’m glad to see that social engineering is getting some love, something often overlooked by hackers. Loving the series and keep up the good work :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Washu

1 Like

Nice! Thanks for the info.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.