HackTheBox Weekly Challenge - Lightweight

Hi 0x00ers!

On this week of grinding away to further improve our skills and flex our hacking muscles, we will all be working on this box.

Hopefully, as the weeks go on, we will all progress and learn new things as a group and in several years of working and training, we’ll be tackling the very hard boxes with ease.

Lightweight

Box Info

This is a fun Linux box, the user was quite cool and required a bit of creativity, the root was awesome and very new to me. This is part of what I love about these boxes, each time you’ll learn a new technique or reinforce others.

Difficulty: Medium
Release Date: 8th December 2018

download%20(1)

Thread Rules:

• No Spoilers
  • No Spoilers

• If you need to ask a question, please use [spoiler][/spoiler] tags if you think it’ll reveal information
  • Hints are allowed if they are vague, and oddly cryptic. Paint an Escher painting with your words
  • Feel free to post that you pwned a box, but no write-ups. near-fatal for help without effort on your part will be met with near fatal doses of sarcasm
3 Likes

Although slightly off topic, I want to let you know that I think it’s pretty cool how you handle this forum in general but also like in this case. The way you write it sounds like rather a team leader (who approaches his team on eye-level) than some anonymous forum admin. Pretty nice! You’re doing a very good job, @pry0cc

Forum daddy… :smile:

4 Likes

Ahaha, thank you very much @Shellsquid.

I must say that being a Forum Daddy is not something that I have had referred to me previously, but I like it :smiley:

1 Like

Whooooop Lightweight r00ted! User was nice and creative and root taught me a little something :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.