Happy New Year, everybody

Hey guys. It’s been a while since I been on this website, I been so busy with my work and exams. Thankfully, it’s all done. I hope everyone is enjoying the new year so far, even though it just started. What are your NY resolutions? I can say that mine are:

-give up social media
-stop cussing
-be more loving
-leave the past behind me
-give up weed

Some sound smart, some sound dumb, I know. But personally, I feel like it will all benefit me in the end. I also have some news, I applied for the college I want to go for a few days ago, and I hope I get a response soon. I want to go for cybersecurity/computer science, and I really hope I get in. If I do, I’ll end up only going for 2 years for my AA degree. I been studying a lot lately for it. I know the second semester only ended in December, but I ended will all A’s. I feel so good.

Ok, ok - enough about me. Let’s talk more about you; what are your resolutions for the New Year? Do you plan to stay consistent?

Stay safe, guys.
Cheers.

• d3m0crxcy
5 Likes

And to you mate. I hope you have an awesome year and to the rest of the folks on here.

2 Likes

Happy new year!

Yes social media is a stain on society tbh and is so very distracting. I get distracted from watching political videos on YouTube and politics/news in general at the tbh.

Nice resolutions, man!
I gave up on weed and social media last year and trust me, it is life changing… Keep it up, hope you succeed with that!
‘Leaving the past behind’ really got to me, though. Usually when people say this is because they have something they regret and still deeply long for… I’m not sure it’s your case, but it surely is mine and I don’t think I will ever be able to forget that, I’ll do everything I can to make it work and fix the mistake I made in the past… Again, I don’t know if your case is similar, but trying to leave it behind can backfire… think carefully and good luck with your resolutions, they’re extremely on point IMO.

Happy new year guys.

2 Likes

Exactly! Like, how many websites are we going to use to talk to the same people? I’m better off with just texting their phone numbers. I can say, that I haven’t used Instagram or Twitter ever since the new year began. And I’ll be honest, I hate political videos as well - it’s such a huge distraction. Mostly, I can say the only websites I use are this website, and YouTube, and if I want to talk to somebody, a simple iMessage can do the trick! :slight_smile:

1 Like

First off, thank you very much!

Coming from somebody who would smoke it all the time, I just didn’t find it enjoyable anymore, and I would rather play video games, play music or write as a substitution for fun, rather than taking hits and feeling funny to call THAT fun. It’s been about 2 weeks since I last done it, and honestly, it’s really nice to not feel a weight on your shoulders anymore.

Wow, I’m really sorry that it hit you in the feels. I totally understand, though, because in 2019, I did a lot of things I regret and I’m hoping I don’t have to think about it this year. I think the best way to leave it behind, is to act as if it never happened in the first place. :smiley:

I hope this year is good to you, you seem like a very nice person. All it takes is some patience, and to take one step at a time. You got this!

2 Likes

My NY resolutions are:

• give up alcohol;
  • read more;
  • travel more;
  • visit as many concerts as possible.
1 Like

My NY resolution is:
-Study as much as possible for my exam this summer.
-Take my health serious
-Stop using social media
-Try to not overwork myself at work

1 Like

I truly hope you achieve these goals, especially with the alcohol. I have an aunt who deals with that habit, and even though I don’t know you, I can’t bear the same to happen to you.

Also, have fun at the concerts you go to! Could you (please) do a holler for me for every one you go to? That’d be hella lit, lol.

You got this buddy. I believe in you. I haven’t used social media since Dec 31 and I gotta admit, it’s pretty tempting but you gotta push thru it!

I agree the social media part, it is a type of pestilence in my view. I’ve seen some of my classmates were addicted to that and wasted many time on peeping others lives which is ridiculous to me.
I was wondering whether I was too reactionary to keep up with these tendencies or there is something wrong with these “entertainism” people. I was really sensitive about the popularity on stream media and social media, which I consider that they not only waste time but also feed people’s mind with useless trash and disable the abilities of critical thinking and seeking for information independently, which turns out being a mindless person.
Maybe I could pick up the habit of using RSS reader this year.

(not a native speaker so plz correct my choice of words if wrong.)

2 Likes

right back at you man, stay with it you got those resolutions. Hailsa!!!

1 Like

How is it going now?

YO thanks for checking up? That warmed my heart.
I can say things are going a LOT better than they were at the beginning of the year. I gave up social media, stopped cussing like a sailor, I been trying to be more careful towards people, I don’t even think of my past, and I been sober of weed for 37 days. Honestly, I feel great. I hope you’re doing good yourself!

Great to hear it! You’re very straight!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 121 days. New replies are no longer allowed.