Help build our community! The 100 Users Target!

@Neo: as we grow, a posting cooldown will be put in place for new members.

Without a following, we’re just posting crap nobody will see! Thus, we need users. As time goes on, and our userbase grows, the number of people who simply want answers to their scriptkiddie questions will increase. That’s why we have plenty of mods/admins to deal with spam.

1 Like

^ Or when the site becomes very large, I think one of us could write up a program that flags posts that have specific key words that are known to show up in Skiddie posts. For example a Skiddie might write “I want to hack CoD”. Well in that case The word “CoD” would get flagged due to the fact that it has no place on the site. And mind you it won’t be like one of those mindless “delete bots” on other websites. It just flags posts that have certain keywords that usually end up in stupid posts, which once flagged the mods/admins will take a look at.

2 Likes

Great idea. I’m sure this is doable…

It’ll hopefully cut back on the time that the mods and admins already have to give to check all the posts.

Or rather have a ‘this is a shitpost’ button under posts, so the admins can get a look at it if someone flags it.

2 Likes

I’ve always supported the idea of a landing page that tells newcomers something basic and then they have to pass some trial to make an account.

– not until we have thousands of users, though. Also, would it be something like on codewars?

Discourse supports trust levels. We could always implement that. For now there is no reason to, since I haven’t seen any serious shitposts yet.

True, of course the bot could be a further implementation. I like your way of thinking. Thanks for the idea.

We already have trust levels. A new user can’t post more than two links until they read and spend enough time on the site.

I urge you to read this https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924/4

I know, but I mean, Sea suggested a landing place.
I know we had the first 50 users stuff.