How do I capture all network traffic on a phone

I need to figure out a way to intercept all network traffic on my phone in order to see if there are spywares on my phone and see if google collects my info, and if it does, to where exactly

1 Like

Easiest way to do that is androiddump, either that or by having rooted phone or having a Openwrt router that captures and sends everything to a laptop/PC with wireshark using tcpdump.

3 Likes

Also you should use FRIDA to practice a technique called bypassing certificate pinning to see traffic of applications using HTTPS unencrypted.

Pinning is the process of associating a host with their expected X509 certificate or public key. 
 Once a certificate or public key is known or seen for a host, the certificate or public key is
 associated or ‘pinned’ to the host.

The way it works is that you can hook into different functions that use the native SSL libraries on your phone to effectively just use the CA’s certificate that you want it instead. Which means every application you use will now use your certificate, which means you can decrypt the traffic.

2 Likes

Good luck and hope to break through this method soon

I’d say bettercap is the right tool for that , use it on linux and any thing that goes in or out of your network will have to go through you

PCAP droid is an android application which helps you.

This topic was automatically closed after 121 days. New replies are no longer allowed.