How NOT to Write a Security Blog

So I was browsing the net like you do and I came across this security blog.

Looks interesting. Let’s check it out.

What’s this?

u fokin’ w0t m8te?

ill bash yer fookin ead in, i sweah on me mum

12 Likes

Lamers are everywhere mate ! :smile:

4 Likes

It’s even more funny because he even commented memcpy() does not check the boundary. Be careful! but screws up anyway.

2 Likes

Multiply the number of characters in a string by the amount of !'s used to find your IQ. No wonder he is a genius.

In seriousness this is a pretty funny blog post. It’s a shame seeing that he only has 1 post in the past 2 years.

2 Likes

Ahahaa! Be grateful we have such a good community here. Maybe you should ask him to write for 0x00sec :joy:

6 Likes

This was one of the most entertaining things I’ve seen in a while!

3 Likes

Hey,

I heard grave digging doesn’t pay well these days…

But make sure to let us know how it goes for you

Cheers

I don’t know why the original URL wasn’t posted it took me three minutes to find, but I also found this subdomain on another site that the same author publishes to. Genius!!! Genius!!! Aka the guy who doesn’t proofread his own code.

His server is on HawkHost and it’s location is in the NL, it uses cPanel which the GUI login is apparently built into the website by accessing cPanel? Login. Imunify360 WAF **For CentOS, RHEL, CloudLinux OS 6 & 7, with cPanel or Plesk, or Ubuntu 16.04 & 18.04 with Plesk** **or DirectAdmin** his OS is redhat:enterprise_linux:7 for $12/month and a litespeed httpd server.

His PHP version is not supported anymore at 7.1.33, uses outdated yoast plugin for wordpress 12.7… I mean it’s fun until you get bored. And I’m bored, at least his FTP server doesn’t use default creds.

Also someone should tell him null terminators are important