Public Discord - Again (Late 2019 Update)

Hey 0x00ers!

So we have discussed it and we have decided to make the 0x00sec Discord now public.

You can join here :slight_smile:

https://discord.gg/c6BHVfn

Looking forward to chatting with all of you!

14 Likes

This is not official and nothing to do with 0x00sec.

Ayyyy, a discord now, I joined a long while ago but forgot my login, so here I am again!

1 Like

I’ll have to check it out.

ghost_

1 Like

Not much of a Discord user so apologies if I’m doing something silly. Tried following TFM but ‘!agree’ doesn’t seem to do anything and I’m stuck in purgatory. Halp?

1 Like

The bot as having an issue - anybody else having this issue please DM me on Discord and I’ll fix it for ya!

pry0cc#8853

2 Likes

Why not telegram? You don’t seem to use roles.

@r10d From a business perspective, prob because Pry0cc likes to be cost efficient and would prefer taking the easier solution when possible, even though it might not be as secure.
No offense @pry0cc, just an observation.

@everyone, what are your thoughts/perspectives to why Pry0cc chose the platform he did for public communication???
-Archangel

We made the decision in favor of Discord after evaluating different aspects for a handful of options.
These included ease of hosting, costs, availability, popularity and more. All available options (IRC, Discord, Telegram, Matrix/Riot.im, …) have different pros and cons.

Anyhow, as I already stated in a prior thread regarding this concern half a year ago:

That said we’re fully aware that not everyone may be happy with the choice. However, Discord is the status quo and will remain as such for now.

3 Likes

@ricksanchez
Thank you for the clarification.
-Archangel

Really happy to see this :grin:

Since this thread is still open, is there a way we can add our discord link to the site header? It took me a minute to fish for the link and I figure it could be easier to access.

2 Likes

i think , open a telegram channel !