Show off your setup!

I’m really no help in finding a good OS, but if I must choose a OS I would use Kali Linux.

To all:
Can you agree with my oppinion or do you know a better OS (I think you know an better on)?

Like @anon79434934 said he’ve got more clockspeed, RAM (size and clock) and an better airflow (I can agree that my case isn’t the best(but cheap)). I don’t know much about AMD GPU’s so I can’t say much about this topic.

@anon79434934 whats about a little benchmark-contest? Only to show @pry0cc and the others who’s PC faster (I’m truely think yours. :smile: ).

1 Like

if i saw somewhere here on the forum someone used cubes OS. From what i read about it, i found it pretty interesting. If i had an SSD, i would have tried it.

Good evening (here it’s evening). Even if I’m a new kid here I’d like to share my setup as well

The notebook case is quite damaged (my daughter has walked over it few times) but it works decently yet. I have some stickers on the front cover, above all Vans and Chianti Brew Fighters Club, modestly I’m a member :slight_smile:. Avira Free edition installed as well and even a VM player with some VM… But I won’t say which! Of course the desktop background image is a family portrait :smiley:
Thanks for reading

1 Like

@Derfloink brute-forcing is a good way to test CPU performance. Mine could brute-force a 6-character long (no numbers) hash in about 2-3 minutes.

-Phoenix750

Intel i5 6500; asus z170 mobo; ssd + 7200rpm hdd; 8gb ddr4 sdram

3 Likes

What’s about a typical software? We need the same program to compare.

Well hey, it’s a great start! Now you just gotta get a good desktop pc, ditch widows botnet, and upgrade to linux hahaha. Personally I would recommend building your own pc, as it’s pretty much just “big boy legos.” If you go out and buy one, then 9 times out of 10, they will up-charge massively for labor.

@anon79434934 Here are my results in Cinebench R15:

And in Firestrike:

And in Time Spy:

Not very set up to show anything off screenshot wise as I am out of the game right now thanks to school but I can post my rig stuff for anyone who possibly gives a hoot.

Intel i7 4790k
Evga Asus z97
32 gb ram
Evga Nvidia gtx980. Intend to buy another and possibly one more of these even if it’s excessive
Don’t even ask about hard drives I have hundreds of them laying around but not all of them are ssd. Which bottlenecks me a little bit. I don’t keep track of the sizes but all together I’m exceeding 5tb.

I pretty much live on this thing. Honestly don’t know what I’d do without it

2 Likes

Good morning @VVid0w, of course it was a kind of joke, but this is my home setup for real (it’s a good one to play videos for my daughter :slight_smile: Actually I miss the time right now to build my own pc. When I was younger and better and I needed more “privacy” I run a different set up of course. I tried LFS as well when I was a student (with very bad result) but it was a great journey. Now for my job I prefer a WinZoZ machine (that I have to say that is understimated :wink: ). This is would be a good start poin for an IRC conversation, I’ll try to join the channel soon meanwhile I wish you a good day

1 Like

Ah, I see. It would be a nice irc conversation! :smiley: I bid you a good day as well!

PCPartPicker Link

I got the CPU, mobo, RAM, case, and PSU from craigslist for just $150. The 2600k is OC’d to 4.4 GHz, a whole +1GHz OC… I have a ssd, but it is currently in my laptop; I am planning on getting a new one soon for my PC.

Here is the rig with the side panel off (it’s a little dusty, sorry):

1 Like

Man this is a killer clean build. Nice!

This topic was automatically closed after 46 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.