[URGENT] Moving to a New IRC Channel

Hi everyone.

We’re moving from freenode to irc.0x00sec.org. Connect with SSL on port 6697 and make sure you “accept invalid certificates.”

EDIT:

11 Likes

Nice! Make sure to enable SSL!

2 Likes

I must also add. A Tor address will follow sometime soon. And this is self-hosted, and thus far more quiet and immune to any trouble by Freenode (spam, netsplits, Freenode reading your messages etc) .

You can also access this from Tor. However it will use an exit node so make sure to use SSL!

2 Likes

And why the sudden change? My bouncer provider doesn’t allow me to switch servers!

btw sorry for my long absence, last week has been busy :wink:

-Phoenix750

We wanted more control and privacy.

Well, if you’re using EliteBNC, go to their channel on freenode(#EliteBNC) and request another bouncer. You can have 4 bnc connections with one email.

2 Likes

Since we’ve switched I’ve really begun to notice the advantages. Cloaks by default. The freenode spam is also annoying too.

1 Like

We got cloaks by default now?

-Phoenix750

2 Likes

They’re actually md5 hashes of your IP. Unless you’re a network admin, its a long procedure to decloak someone.

2 Likes

@anon79434934 you can also connect over TOR. We use SSL. You can request a vhost too.

1 Like

Well, if I didn’t overlook sth, it shouldn’t take too long to crack it :smile: I could be wrong though https://www.phillips321.co.uk/2012/04/04/cracking-an-md5-of-an-ip-address/

ofc, but it is salted iirc.

@oaktree, how do I request one? PM you on 0x00sec? some fancy command on IRC?

-Phoenix750

You interact with the HostServ bot.

Still, do not rely on them. Use a VPN or Tor to connect. Using Tor is trivial with proxychains.