Show off your setup! V2

ricing
desktop
macos
setup
linux

Seems awesome :slight_smile: However, I will stick to my docker setup, no need for an additional Linux layer on my windows machine :wink:

I don’t really have much in terms of a fancy desktop, I spend most of my life in Vim anyway.

The screenshot there is from my laptop, a 2015 MacBook Pro - in my opinion still the best model.

Anyway, onto the software I use! My config is not quite as consolidated as I would like, I use the same one on my work laptop (running macos), so there have been a few changes that I haven’t pushed to GitHub yet.

1. Just like @fraq, I use Krypton to keep my private key on my phone. It just makes dealing with private keys nicer, and supports Ed25519, which is great.
  2. NeoVim. I’ve rewritten my config way too many times and I’m itching to do it again.
  3. WeeChat. My favourite IRC client, using quite a few plugins at the moment. I used to use it for the work Slack as well, but it seemed to use far too much memory.
  4. Bitlbee. A nice way to use an IRC client for things like Facebook messenger, Discord, etc.
  5. Signal. As much as I possibly can, I use Signal. Unfortunately not very many people I know use it.
  6. Tmux. The best thing to run weechat in :smiley:
  7. Mosh. It’s nice to be able to use SSH over a dodgy connection, and have connections persist when the laptop sleeps.

That’s basically just the things I’ve used in the last 15 minutes, nothing much else comes to mind at the moment.

I’m one of those people that like putting stickers on their laptops, so here are mine:

(Command-Line Ninja) #44

Oh man. How many stickers?

Also. Wait. Slack over weechat? Discord, over weechat? Did I hear that right?

Not enough :wink: I have some on the bottom as well actually.

Yup! There’s a plug-in called weeslack I think, and bitlbee is generally worth looking into.

I’m actually considering moving to an XMPP client and using biboumi instead

(A Scrub) #46

Wow… cmder is really nice. Good share! :slight_smile:

(Full Snack Developer) #47

Bitlbee, bruh. It supports websockets now.

(A Scrub) #48

Here’s a update since I’m too lazy to edit my post (more like scroll up)… I’ve decided to have a bit of fun with GTK 2.0 themes. Enjoy!

(Burning away in an Explosion) #49

Can’t ignore your waifu! It’s too cute :wink:

(demontwozero) #51

I’m Running Arch Linux. What you see in the screen shot are my custom scripts that I wrote.

Leeky you crazy ass <333

(Mouse) #53

How do you even manage those many workspaces!

(demontwozero) #54

i only use one workspace. i usually have a bunch of terminals open tho.